May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord let his face shine on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his face
and bring you peace. (Nb. 6:24-26)

Monday 11 May 2009

Great Thoughts, Small Moments


Last Thursday I went to a live concert in which some people talked of their lives in and out of the Church. One of them, who had always been a “church-goer,” one day, realized that he had to start taking Christ seriously. This simple thought changed his life. It also reminded me that one day, as I was opening the door I told myself that I did not want to get far from God ever again. I remember that I was turning the key as I had this thought. What I only discovered months later is that that moment was the first mark of the greatest “before and after” of my life.

A great moment often comes in normal situations, thoughts… but it is up to us to take them seriously; to make, out of a hidden thought, a life-changing moment.

I leave you with a simple word that Jesus said once to Matthew. One verse in the Bible, the life-changing moment in Matthew’s life: "As Jesus was walking on from there he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office, and he said to him, 'Follow me.' And he got up and followed him." (Matthew 9:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment