May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord let his face shine on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his face
and bring you peace. (Nb. 6:24-26)

Monday 4 May 2009

Friends and treasures


Who has found a friend has found a treasure. It is one of the biggest truths that can be said. Not only for the value of friendship, but also because (let’s face it) to find it is as difficult as finding a real treasure. Is it because they are something from the past (as old treasure hunting)?

They cannot be, because I have found a few friends in my life. Not many, but enough to make me realize of why friendship is one of the few “old-values” that continues being a value. A friend is a support for who you are, the person that is you friend confirms, with his or her existence that you are worthwhile, that you are someone in this world of numbers, statistics, crowds, globalization…

We only have a few real friends: and this is good because it makes friendship special (and different from “contacts” in the web), it makes us special and different. Someone has chosen us as real friend.

In fact, someone has. Jesus is quite clear about this matter. “I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learnt from my Father. You did not choose me, no, I chose you” John 15:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment