May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord let his face shine on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his face
and bring you peace. (Nb. 6:24-26)

Tuesday 5 May 2009

As Water In A Thirsty Heart

I always read the news. I like to know what happens in the world. I have found, as the side effect of this that it provokes a kind of dryness inside. I do not think that I am the only one. Go around the web and you’ll find that the people who say to know best about “what’s really going on” tend to be cynical about everything, hard hearted.


It is within this context that I was reading this morning the psalm 63 and realized that prayer is as a water for a thirsty heart. As water melts the hardness of the earth prayer melted the hardness provoked in my heart.

And here is when i go poetic (no smiles, please...)

Prayer is like a friend’s call in a bad moment
Prayer is like that unexpected smile
Prayer is like a joke heard in the Tube
As a laugh at the end of a long day
As the embrace given by someone long missed
As finding an old good friend on the street
As a “new message” in an empty inbox


God, you are my God… my heart thirsts for you, my body longs for you, as a land parched, dreary and waterless. (Psalm 63)


Have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment