May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord let his face shine on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his face
and bring you peace. (Nb. 6:24-26)

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Giving Thanks


These days I have made a point of looking back on my day and giving thanks for something. It is not always the first thought that comes to my mind but I have always found something. Then, by chance, I also found this poem in my USB… I had got it ages ago and forgotten about it. I hope you like it. It reminds me that nothing that happens to us is a waste. Everything can make us better people. Thanks also to the writer.


I give thanks for the hard times, for they made me strong.
I give thanks for the lean times, for they made a giver.
I give thanks for the loneliness; it taught me to be a friend.
I give thanks for the hunger that taught me to share.
I give thanks for the tears, that taught me to smile.
I am grateful to the darkness for it helped me find the light.
I give thanks for the storm and the pain and the fear
that made me a survivor.
I give thanks for the gift of words;
and as long as there is air to breathe and light to see, and lessons to learn,
to share the blessing, on this day and always, I will write.
Carmen Ruggero ©2007

Give a look to this passage from Romans, 8,28 We are well aware that God works with those who love him, those who have been called in accordance with his purpose, and turns everything to their good.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfulness is something that, if cultivated, changes your entire life....
    Blessings,
    Mr. Woolf

    ReplyDelete